SHANINA SHAIK FOR BUMPSUIT
MEET SHANINA SHAIK
Mama to be shares her tips on Pregnancy Style, and meeting her baby daddy in BUMPSUIT!
- How has your style changed as your body has changed?
Comfort is key during pregnancy. I’m always sourcing pieces that are not too tight and breathable. I prefer to wear dresses during my pregnancy.
- Can you describe your pregnancy style?
My pregnancy style is comfortable, cute and on trend.
- What is your perfect go-to pregnancy outfit, one for day and one for night?
A bumpsuit long dress with flats during the day. At night a bumpsuit cat suit with kitten heels or knee high boots. Matched with a blazer.
- Tell us the love story behind meeting your partner for the first time in BUMPSUIT.
BUMPSUIT isn’t just for the pregnant mamas - I love wearing the catsuits/bodysuits ! It was super ideal to wear during the cold season in London, as well.
I wore one of my favorite one piece catsuits from bumpsuit, the night I met my partner Matthew. It definitely left him with a good impression it seems LOL.
- What are your top three favorite pieces from BUMPSUIT?
The jane maternity dress , the ashley bodysuit and the kate maternity bumpsuit
- What types of accessories and brands do you use to style your BUMPSUITS?
Biker hats , high heeled boots , blazers and oversized shirts would be my personal way to style my bumpsuits
- If you were gifting BUMPSUITS to a best friend or new mom, which pieces do you recommend?
The support waist trainer , the kate maternity bumpsuit and the cloud robe. The cloud collection is great for the hospital and postpartum.
- As a first-time mom, what are you most excited about and what are your fears?
I’m anxiously waiting to meet my little one. I cant wait to meet him . I’m excited to be so in love and call myself a mum. My fears would be that I can’t protect him and keep him safe from everything in life. I know that he will grow up and have to learn from his mistakes and be independent.
- How has your pregnancy been - the good, the bad, and the ugly?
I’ve loved my pregnancy journey. So far, its been easy! I’ve had some migraines, extreme back pain and growing pains . But all of that, comes with the territory of pregnancy.
I have been so excited to see my bump grow and see the changes to my body. Its been fascinating to witness.
- What do you plan on keeping in your hospital bag and what plans do you have for post-partum recovery?
Comfortable pajamas, postpartum care necessities, peanut ball ( for epidural), battery candles, speakers for music and baby clothes .
My plan is to take my time to heal and enjoy every moment with my newborn. I need the time to understand my child and create a routine. My main focus would be taking care of my little one.
- Do you have any daily affirmations or words of encouragement that you can share with women that are also currently pregnant?
Every pregnancy is different - every growing bump and story will be different. Dont compare yourself and worry. Do what feels right for you and your baby.
- What are your hopes for your child and for the future of all children?
I hope he arrives healthy and happy. I hope my child and all children are surrounded with unconditional love and support. I pray they stay safe and feel protected as they grow.